Friday, August 17, 2012

Inception (2010)

I was having strange nightmares lately. I mean really strange ones. I think the most weirdest is I was bitten by a dog and when I woke up, I could still felt the excruciating pain on my hand where the dog bit me. Strange, isn't it? This afternoon, while seated lazily on the couch aimlessly switching between channels, the idea of watching a film related to dreams hit me. I only have one film on my mind, it definitely is Inception.


In the film Inception (directed by the same director of the Batman trilogy and where Bane, Robin, and The Scarecrow are all in the same movie aside from The Dark Knight Rises), dreams become real. The viewers enter into another layer of substrate of the reality. The complexity of the plot tries to become playful to the mind, provoking the thoughts it has and sometimes leaves it perplexed as pitch black. The film is also visually appealing, specially when it introduced pretty amusing optical illusions which technically contributed to the cleverness of the film. The film ended with an inconclusive ending, it didn't show whether the totem stops or not. "Open" endings make me feel frustrated sometimes.


On a side note, The mind is so powerful, it becomes infinite. The edge of boundaries is getting farther and farther. I couldn't intellectually grasp what the mind can and cannot do. Because of it, we become limitless. We can build and at the same time destroy anything; and there are still a lot of possible ideas in the horizon that soon to be uncovered.

Personal rating: 8/10



No comments:

Post a Comment