Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Novels-turned-Movies


Novels-turned-movies of  vintage and new x generation, both The Perks Of Being A Wallflower and On The Road  will surely give honor to the writers of its respective novel adaptations.


The Perks of Being A Wallflower, written during the 1990's by an american novelist Stephen Chbosky when Kurt Cobain was still alive and recording mix tapes was still the best gift to give. The whole story was generally a compilation of letters addressed to an unknown stranger by a kid named Charle, who narrated his experiences as a freshman in their school and his struggle to fit in the society through drugs, booze, and premarital sex. I already finished reading the whole novel to clearly understand the movie when it is released in public theaters (Hopefully). I cannot understand why America banned school libraries to have a copy for their students to read.


I'm hardly starting to read the first few pages of the novel On The Road. It seems that I couldn't find time to read it entirely even though I own my time now. Nevertheless I'm still looking forward to see the film.   

No comments:

Post a Comment